Alpha Engineering, Inc. is located on the west side of Indianapolis. We provide consulting electrical engineering services to electric utilities, commercial and industrial entities, colleges and universities, and renewable energy developers and providers. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, 401(k), and profit sharing. We offer PTO and great work-life flexibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate shall work to ensure through adequate design and project management that our customer’s electric systems will provide the highest quality and reliability of service possible.
Job requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigating, surveying, designing, and staking electric distribution lines in accordance with construction specifications.
- Oversees the construction of or design of assigned distribution line projects.
- Prepares staking sheets.
- Prepares work orders, or other material required for the job, accurately and completely.
- Direct and perform staking within existing RUS, state, local and Alpha Engineering guidelines.
- Cost estimating.
- Create contracts for new and existing distribution lines.
- Direct and perform maintenance on automated mapping and facilities management systems.
- Obtains easements and right-of-way when needed.
- Design power lines to fit the locality, weather conditions, local activity and operations.
- Manage construction projects.
- Strong project management ability: Able to develop and implement plans that are effective in attaining established goals; garners resources and defines processes to complete projects; manages progress and implements mid-stream changes, as needed. Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scopes and timelines.
- Excellent communication skills: Able to clearly communicate with others by phone, in writing, and in person. Excel in both verbal and nonverbal communication abilities.
- Conflict management: Posses ability to mediate problems between coworkers, clients, vendors, and other team members.
- Listening: Ability to listen to the ideas and concerns of your coworkers, clients, vendors, and other team members using active listening, asking questions for clarification, demonstrating concern, and using and paying attention to nonverbal cues.
- Reliability: Accomplish assigned tasks, meet customer deadlines, and achieve project milestones to gain client and colleague’s trust.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematics and statistics, statistical analysis and forecasting.
- Must have the ability to apply basic concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Should have knowledge of the GIS mapping system, staking program, SEDC consumer information system; and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Must be able to utilize PC systems and related software applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited university or technical school.
- Experience in the Utility or Industrial Power fields is a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, completed courses in power engineering preferred.
- Use GPS equipment.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass background and driver’s history check as well as drug and alcohol testing.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Interact with customers.
Able to travel 25-35% of time, with occasional over-night travel, mostly Indiana and occasionally to surrounding states.
Inquiries can be sent to the following address, or by filling fill out the form below:
Alpha Engineering, Inc.
7760 West New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46214